Urgent Care Advanced Practice Clinician (PA-C or FNP/APN) Optum Tri-State - Ewing, NJ
Optum Care, the largest care-delivery organization in the world, is seeking a dedicated, patient-centric Urgent Care Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our growing team in the greater Ewing, New Jersey area at Riverside Medical Group. At Optum, we are evolving health care nationally while providing physician-led care locally so that everyone can have an opportunity to live their healthiest life. It’s everything health care should be. Together, for better health. Work with the world’s largest care delivery organization, reach for more and start doing your life’s best work.(SM) Position Highlights:
Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment.
Providing full spectrum Urgent Care for Pediatric & Adult patients, focusing on value-based care, and supported by a robust team of specialists.
Full-time; Work-Life Balance; Flexible Scheduling.
Office hours are 8am – 8pm, 7 days per week (365 days per year).
Providers typically work 12-hour shifts (i.e., 13 to 14 shifts per month).
Direct and manage a complete continuum of high-quality care within the care team.
Treat acute diseases and disorders, minor injuries, minor illnesses, procedures (i.e., basic suturing and I&D), ortho/splinting, interpretation of digital X-Ray’s, physical examinations, and more.
Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Evidence-Based medicine.
- Quadruple Aim: Improving Patient Satisfaction; Lowering Costs; Delivery High-Qaulity Outcomes; Increasing Provider Satisfaction and Well-Being.
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license.
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model.
- A culture of Innovation, Collaboration, Transformation, and Growth.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations; putting people first and working together with “Optum-ism” striving to improve everyday with an open mind and an open heart.
- Competitive pay.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Vision coverage.
- Short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance.
- Flexible PTO package (increasing with tenure).
- Robust retirement including employer funded contributions (401k with matching_.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UGH stock).
- Advanced Practice Clinician partnership opportunities with Optum.
- Company paid malpractice insurance (including tail coverage).
- Consistent Career Growth and Professional Development opportunities.
- Fortune 5 Company – United Health Group.
- Supportive and appreciative culture.
- Master’s degree in Physician Assistant of Nurse Practitioner from an accredited program
- Certified as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA or as a Family Nurse Practitioner through the ANCC/AANP
- Unrestricted Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner license in the State of New Jersey
- Active and unrestricted DEA License (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- Active New Jersey CDS license (or ability to obtain prior to start)
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to start)
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60 days of employment)
- Flexibility & willingness to travel among multiple Urgent Care offices weekly within the greater Ewing, NJ area
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- A least 1-2+ years relevant post-graduate clinical experience highly preferred
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?