Nursing Supervisor - Nights
The Schaffer Extended Care Center at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital is a 150-bed, comprehensive facility offering short-term rehabilitation/sub-acute care and skilled long-term care, as well as an adult day services program that provides a wide range of healthcare and social services for medically frail seniors and those with chronic conditions or disabilities.
For more than 30 years, Schaffer's rehabilitation program has been helping cardiopulmonary, orthopaedic and surgery patients return to their homes and families. Our short-term program specializes in cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation, postsurgery and stroke recovery, as well as fracture, fall and frail patient care. Schaffer Extended Care Center is part of Montefiore Health System, a premier academic medical center and the University Hospital system for Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
We are currently looking for an Night Nursing Supervisor. This position is 11p - 7a. The Nursing Supervisor is the Nurse Leader and the Administrator on site for night and weekend shifts. In addition, the Nursing Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the implementation of care by the nursing staff, collaborating with the multidisciplinary team in expediting the plan and meeting with patient/resident/family for resolution of any concerns and issues. The Nursing Supervisor participates in the actualization of the Vision and Mission of the Montefiore Health System.
- Ensures patients/residents environment is safe and clean in accordance with the Department of Health regulations and the Schaffer Extended Care Policies and Procedures.
- Initiates and maintains customer service strategies.
- Supervises work flow to ensure the standards of care are implemented and policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures patient/resident confidentiality, privacy and dignity is maintained; protects and defends patients/residents rights.
- Protects patients/residents/visitors by ensuring staff adhere to infection prevention protocols.
- Coordinates response to emergency situations including hazardous situations.
- Fosters co-operative relationship and a positive work environment with co-workers and other disciplines.
Schaffer Extended Care Center offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 403b retirement plans as well as free parking.
Must have 5 years of experience working as a RN in a Nursing Home/Skilled Nursing Facility or Managed Long Term Care setting. Must have a Bachelor's of Nursing from an accredited college or university. Must have a current NYS RN license and registration. Supervisory experience preferred. 2 years charge nurse experience preferred.
Apply for Nursing Supervisor - Nights
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly