Registered Nurse - RN - L&D - Labor and Delivery
- CareerStaff Unlimited
- San Bernardino, California
- Jan 26, 2023
- Feb 26, 2023
- Maternal / Child, Med / Surg, OB / GYN
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Registered Nurse - RN - L&D - Labor and Delivery
CareerStaff Unlimited is looking to hire a Registered Nurse for full-time, contract opportunities in San Bernardino, CA. Qualified nurses will have previous L&D experience and have a strong focus in patient care. In addition to our standard benefits, our RN professionals are preferred in a number of facilities and hospitals in the area. Contact me today to learn more about this opportunity to work with a well-known organization!
Hourly Comp: $80
Weekly Comp: $3,360
BENEFITS FOR THE RN REGISTERED NURSE – L&D LABOR & DELIVERY:
- Immediate openings
- 24/7 Answering Service
- Travel Opportunities
- Day and Night shifts available
- Flexible Schedules
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Weekly & Daily Pay with Direct Deposit
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
Our strong, long-term connections—with the most admired companies—mean a new world of possibilities for your career. Partnering with CareerStaff Unlimited is the kind of proactive move that can put you on an inside track, give you access to more career opportunities, and get you that dream job faster than going at it alone.
MORE ABOUT THE RN REGISTERED NURSE – L&D LABOR & DELIVERY POSITION:
1. ACTIVITY: NURSING PROCESS Effectively assesses, plans care for, implements and evaluates assigned patients. Understands and completes all steps of the nursing process. STANDARDS: 1a Assessments are performed within established timeframes, quickly and accurately, in both controlled and critical situations with a focus on evaluating both obvious and subtle needs as well as anticipating potential needs. 1b Total picture of patient status is developed through timely, accurate collation and integration of assessment findings, data components, lab and test results and interdisciplinary resources. 1c Patient needs and changes in condition are quickly and efficiently managed with a focus on problem prevention. 1d Care planning is based on specific diagnosis, with attention to individual patient/family needs. 1e Interdisciplinary teams, discharge planning and community resources are utilized to formulate age and culturally appropriate individualized care. FREQUENCY: Daily PERCENT WEIGHTED: 11.11% 2. ACTIVITY: NURSING PROCESS Provides direct patient care including treatments, interventions, teaching, hygiene, and assistance with lifting, transporting, repositioning and mobility based on a functional needs assessment. STANDARDS: 2a Interventions are executed within established policy and procedure, and are reprioritized quickly and accurately based on patients' ongoing needs, available resources and trends in individual responses, attention to how evidenced based modalities can be used. 2b Personal Protective Equipment and lifting equipment is used appropriately in each patient intervention. 2c Response to intervene in emergency situations when patient‘s life or physical integrity is threatened is immediate and definitive, including beginning cardiopulmonary resuscitation, easing a patient through a fall, or other situations requiring a rapid physical response to emergent patient needs. 2d A variety of teaching resources are used as needed with focus on meeting patient's education needs and reducing communication barriers. 2e Documentation is clear, legible and grammatically correct per established policy and procedures. It is timed, complete, factual, concise, and reflects patients trends in condition and response to overall treatment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR THE RN REGISTERED NURSE – L&D LABOR & DELIVERY:
Ability to circulate in the Operating Room. - Highly desired
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population. - Required
- Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system. -
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or must obtain within one (1) year of hire. - Required: 6 Months
- Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California or must obtain prior to commencement of employment. - Required Current Basic Fetal Monitoring certification or must obtain within six (6) months of hire. - Required
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification or must obtain within 90 days of hire - Required
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients. - Required Experience (within past 5 years) working as a RN in an acute care facility. - Required: 1 Years
- MAB - Highly desired.
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring certification - Required with in 6 months of start.
- Must possess a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate. - Required
- Prior nursing experience in Obstetrics, NICU, Nursery or Labor and Delivery. - Highly desired
- Prior nursing experience on a similar unit with comparable patient acuity. - Highly desired
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
CareerStaff Unlimited, LLC (“CareerStaff”) is a leader in the delivery of workforce solutions and staffing services for the healthcare industry. Our mission is to connect our clients with talented healthcare professionals ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care. We serve our mission by leveraging a national network 25+ offices throughout the United States. CareerStaff’s services include travel and per diem employment opportunities for nurses, therapists, and pharmacists.
Additionally, CareerStaff provides Managed Service Programs to hundreds of healthcare facilities nationally. By offering unparalleled customer service, unique placement opportunities, top pay and benefits, and employment that meets the lifestyle requirements of our clinicians, CareerStaff attracts high-quality clinicians who transition well to new environments and rapidly assimilate into facility teams.
CareerStaff Unlimited is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).
- Job City: San Bernardino
- Shift: 7P-7A CA
- Setting: VMS Hospital
- Order ID: 601118
- Hourly Comp: $80
- Weekly Comp: $3,360