Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - EmUrgentCare, Per Diem
- Albany Medical Center
- Wawarsing, New York
- Jan 23, 2023
- Feb 23, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner, Per Diem, Support Staffing
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Department/Unit:EmUrgent Care - Saugerties
Work Shift:Per Diem (United States of America)Welcome to Albany Medical Center, providing excellent care to our community each day. We have an exciting opportunity for physician assistants and/or nurse practitioners to join our team.
An ideal candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, both independently and on a team. This is a per diem position with a minimum requirement of 18 hours per month.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct patient assessments and complete physical examinations
- Collect clinical data such as vitals, specimens, point of care testing
- Conduct occupational medicine assessments
- Complete accurate patient coding
- Maintain accurate and detailed patient medical reports
- Serve as the on-site leader for clinical staff
- Registered Physician Assistant with valid New York license and registration
- Valid and current DEA license
- Graduate of an approved Physician Associate or Nurse Practitioner Program
- NCCPA Registration
- Applicable state licensure as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Emergency Room or Urgent Care setting; critical care experience preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and critical judgment.
- Able to respond to emergencies in a calm, reasoned manner.
- Use of the scientific process and national standards of care as a framework for managing patient care.
- Able to quickly master all aspects of a computerized medical recordkeeping and billing system.
- Must project a professional image and earn the confidence of others. Must have excellent verbal and written skills and have experience in and a desire to deal professionally with the public. Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills are required.
- Must be HIPAA compliant at all times.
Competitive Benefits and Perks:
- Paid hands-on training
- Opportunities for growth within the Albany Medical Center family
- Located on main public transportation lines
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
About Albany Med
Best of the Capital Region
Albany Med is at its best when our community needs us most. We’ve been voted Best Hospital in the Times Union’s annual readers’ poll for two consecutive years.
For more information about Albany Med, visit our website at amc.edu and interact with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.