RN - Hospital NE Per Diem NICU
Work Shift:Staffing Options Program (United States of America)Seeking per diem NICU RN.
• Implements physician orders, administers medications, starts IVs, performs treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by company policy and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
• Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' conditions.
• Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
• Applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
• Provides primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
• Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered.
• Collaborates with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
• Directs and guides ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing.
• Graduate of a professional academic nursing program in which a Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree is conferred
• Must hold current NYS Registered Nurse license
• Obtains and maintains certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
• Excellent communication, prioritization, organizational and time-management skills
• Possesses knowledge of quality concepts, principles, and problem-solving tools and techniques and demonstrates ability to apply in support of departmental and patient care quality improvement.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!?
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.