Licensed Vocational Nurse / Infectious Control Disease Coordinator
Infection Control Coordinator - Part Time (Licensed Vocational Nurse or Microbiologist / Epidemiologist)
California Forensic Medical Group (CFMG) has been providing comprehensive medical services to California county jails for more than 32 years. And for 32 years, we have lived by a simple code: Always Do the Right Thing!
• We are a company of passionate, committed people, and we don’t do things like other companies.
• We hire and keep great people! We pay well, train well, and treat our people well. As a result, our annual turnover among full-time clinical team members is shockingly low (about 10%, believe it or not).
• We WOW our clients and build long-term relationships: our average client tenure is more than 15-years! Join us, and you join a family.
Infection Control Coordinator responsibilities:
This position, under the direction of the Medical Director, is responsible for the effective direction,
management and operation of the infection prevention and control/epidemiology department, including education of personnel and consultation with the county and state health departments.
The responsibilities encompass compliance with, OSHA and state regulations, outbreak investigation, and overall direction of the infection prevention and control program.
• Devises action plans to correct negative variances.
• Establishes, implements and administers departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures; conducts ongoing review of facility policies, procedures and guidelines to identify infection control discrepancies and implements revisions as necessary.
• Ensures that departmental goals are compatible with, and enhance the organization's mission, values, and strategic plan. Provides information to the HSA, Medical Director and Jail Commander to formulate changes in the policies, procedures and/or processes which could reduce the spread of infection.
• Interacts with physicians, nurses, department managers, supervisors, and occupational health and other professional/non-professional staff members to provide resource information, resolve infection control problems, and identify new opportunities to improve service and reduce costs.
• Develops and enforces effectual policies and procedures for the department that ensures compliance with, OSHA, CDC, CMS and other county, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
• Directs and assists in preparing reports and statistical data for the infection control committee, and the facility's administration and other committees as needed.
• Develops and coordinates the infection prevention and control program throughout the facility. Implements the program by formulating, establishing and evaluating policies and procedures relating to patient care infection control measures throughout the facility. Performs an annual assessment and develops action plans from the prior year activities.
• Current unrestricted LVN License in state of practice, OR a bachelor's degree in microbiology or epidemiology
• Must have clinical experience in a hospital/correctional setting or disease surveillance experience in a public health setting.
• Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC) training course, or equivalent
• Certification in Infection Control (CIC).
• Computer skills, research and basic statistical
• Must obtain and maintain a security clearance throughout the course of employment
• Excellent benefit package for full-time to include Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing Plan, 401K and Continuing Education Allowance
Correctional healthcare will surprise you. If you want to be part of our family, and think you have what it takes to WOWus, we invite you to check us out!