New York City Human Resources Administration/Department of Social Services
Home Care Services Program (HCSP)
New York City Human Resources Administration/Department of Social Services' Home Care Services Program is responsible for Medicaid-funded non-institutional long-term care programs in New York City. Programs include the Personal Care Services Program, the Long Term Home Health Care Program, the Assisted Living Program, the Care at Home Program, and the Managed Long Term Care Program. Managed long-term care (MLTC) assists people who are chronically ill or have disabilities and need health and long-term care services, such as home care or adult day care, stay in their homes and communities as long as possible.
Home Care Services Program (HCSP) is a Medicaid funded program that provides long term care to medically fragile and vulnerable individuals who require assistance with activities of daily living through the Community Alternative Systems Agency (CASA), Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) Program, the Assisted Living Program, Care At Home Program and Homebound Medicaid
The Home Care Services Program is recruiting for two (2) Staff Nurse, to function as a Staff Nurse in HCSP/Bronx Community Alternative Systems Agency (CASA), who will:
• Conduct in-home assessments at the request of HRA using a State approved assessment instrument to evaluate the client’s ability to perform activities of daily living and the degree to which the client requires assistance for each function and task; the completed assessment would be entered into the New York State Department of Health (NYDOH) or HRA computer system.
• Assist in determining the level of home care services or other services of care that the client needs based on the medical diagnosis and degree of functional impairment. The development of the plan of care must take into consideration client’s home environment and social support system.
• Complete home visits and submit the completed HRA/NYSDOH approved assessments and recommendations forms no later than five (5) workdays after the date of assignment.
• Conduct case reviews of new applicants, service change and re-authorization cases, and participate in special projects. The reviews consist of screening all documents related to the request for service and may include contacting the client’s physician or other resources for additional medical documentation and information as necessary.
• Develop a plan of care for the type and amount of home care services to be provided to the client after reviewing all required case documentation.
• Prepare documentation for and testify at Fair Hearings and at other legal proceedings to explain clinical findings and determinations regarding the plan of care.
• Provide consultation to HRA Medical Review Team and social service staff at HRA’s request.
• Complete self-audits of state approved assessments and medical review of charts.
• Work toward obtaining PRI/screen certification and conduct assessments of clients transitioning to a Nursing Home Facility.
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing.
• Able to utilize computer programs and enter data in an electronic field visit report.
• Bilingual ability.
- A valid New York State Registered Nurse license.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview
SALARY RANGE: $ 74,930 (Annual)
New York City offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
For consideration, please go to http://www1.nyc.gov/jobs and search for JOB IDs # 346305 to apply.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW.
HRA/DSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.