Home Health Services - Psychiatric RN
|We have an immediate opportunity for Home Health Services - Psychiatric Registered Nurse
General Summary: Administer nursing care for clients in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, clients, and their families, and the referring agency.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients of all ages in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in all populations.
1. Promote /exemplify Company mission, vision and values at all times.
2. Complete initial and ongoing assessments to identify the physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of home health clients. Completes assessments at appropriate time points, including OASIS.
3. Regularly re-evaluate the client’s nursing needs and evaluates the outcomes of care. Assists clients in the recovery or maintenance of life functions; prevent illness and relapse of illness.
4. Develop, initiate, and revise the Plan of Care (POC) as necessary to ensure quality and continuity of care. Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Plans for discharge of the client from services.
5. Provide effective communication to clients, their families, team members, and other health care professionals. Regular participation in Case Conference.
6. Apply concepts of infection control and universal precaution in coordination/performing client cares activities to protect both client and staff (OSHA).
7. Coordinate services and informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the client’s condition and needs.
8. Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers.
9. Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner to assure compliance with company policy.
10. Supervise, teach and provide clinical direction to other nursing personnel (ex. LVN/LPN, HHA, CNA, etc).
11. Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call services to clients and their families as assigned.
12. Demonstrate commitment and professional growth by participating in in-service programs and maintaining/improving competency.
13. Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.
Supervision: LVN/LPNs and CNAs.
• One (1) year experience as an RN in a clinical care setting.
• Preferred, Home health experience.
• Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Demonstrates proven decision making skills.
• If required to make visits, Hepatitis profile.
• Must read, write and comprehend English.
• Completion of an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
• Preferred, BSN.
• Current driver’s license in good standing.
• Current State professional license as an RN in any/all applicable states.
• Current CPR.
On-going employment as an RN requires maintenance of a valid RN license in the state which the nurse practices in and a valid CPR certificate at all times. It is the responsibility of the employee to renew these both before they expire in order to continue employment.
• Prolonged standing/walking required.
• The ability to lift/transfer up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to meet deadlines and patient needs, make quick decisions and allocate resources under stressful conditions.
• Meet patient/family individualized psycho social needs.
• Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
• Works in patient’s home in various conditions.
• Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens, bodily fluids and infectious diseases.
• Some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN emergency call.
• Ability to travel locally and work a flexible schedule.
• Reliable transportation and auto liability insurance
• Manual blood pressure cuff