CNA - 2 West Med/Surge (Nights, rotating weekends)
Named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay for four consecutive years, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed facility serving the community since 1976. Northside is located in the heart of Pinellas County only minutes from the pristine Gulf coast beaches as well as the thriving city life of downtown St. Petersburg, FL. As the first Comprehensive Stroke Center in St. Petersburg, our technologically advanced facility allows our superior physicians and nursing staff to care for our growing community. With campus-based specialized units, such as the Tampa Bay Heart Institute, and the Neuroscience Institute for Interventional Neuroradiology and neurologic care, Northside Hospital continues to enhance and expand its services to better serve the St. Petersburg community. Excelling in Patient Safety, we are the only hospital in St. Petersburg to earn an “A” in the Leapfrog Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Score. Northside also received a 3 Star (highest available) Quality Rating from the Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons .
At Northside, Healing Comes from the HEART. Click here to watch our team talk about how our Values define our culture at Northside Hospital. We provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion. Our staff is comprised of dedicated professionals who have worked for Northside any length of time, ranging from 2 years to 38 years. We foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
• Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
• Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
• Assists patients in ambulating.
• Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
• Performs non sterile dressing changes.
• Passes and collects bed pans.
• Changes bed linens.
• Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.