Working under the supervision of a licensed nurse, the Certified Nurse Aide performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive and safe environment that encourages collegiality. Cares for Adults (18 - 79 years) and Elderly (80 years).
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Provides skin/wound care according to established policy/procedures and regulations.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs 12-lead EKG Accurately