RN/Registered Nurse - Infusion Services
- Contract Type
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL
1. Provides nursing care to the patient receiving outpatient infusion services within the philosophy, objectives and policies of SRMC.
2. Knowledge and skills to provide quality nursing care via the nursing process.
3. Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
4. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
5. Assesses and coordinates patients discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
6. Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate Patient Education documentation modality.
7. Provide Complete Coordination with Registration and Pharmacy to ensure timely and safe administration of medications of the Infusion Patient.
8. Coordinates with Prescribing Physician and Patient to Schedule Appointments.
9. Calculate and submit Proper Charges of Services and Supplies provided to patients.
10. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
11. Perform job task to ensure patient, personal and departmental safety.
12. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
13. Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
14. Orients and mentors new staff members.