|As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul.
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for Clinical Liaisons.
General Summary: This position is responsible for building & maintaining a professional relationship with key referral sources within LifeCare’s referring entities. Through the development of relationships, this position will generate patient referrals from assigned accounts. The Clinical Liaison will be responsible for meeting the volume expectations for referrals & admissions; performing relationship development with referral sources; developing strategic plans to effectively managing accounts & to expand into new accounts as assigned.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients in a clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations.
1. Consistently meets their referral and appropriate LTACH admission goals as defined by the Director of Business Development.
2. Demonstrates the relationship development and sales skills required to develop long term relationships that effectively generate patient referrals and admissions. Delivers professional presentations to groups of referral sources on LifeCare and the services we provide. Participates in community organizations that directly impact LifeCare’s referral sources and patient population.
3. Represents LifeCare in a positive, professional and accurate way that demonstrates the Company’s mission statement.
4. Utilizes an Account Management System/Outlook to manage accounts and develops 90 day marketing plans for the assigned territory that clearly outlines tactics and strategies required to meet referral goals.
5. Maintains and effectively grows in-depth referral source relationships.
6. Completes patient assessments timely, accurately and effectively while adhering to LifeCare’s assessment policies and procedures.
7. The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
9. Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Does not direct or supervise the functions of the department.
Experience: At least two years clinical experience in acute care (i.e. nursing, respiratory, therapy) is required. Experience in another clinical field of study may be accepted with RVP approval. Two years of proven successful sales/marketing experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in a clinical field of study or graduate of an accredited clinical program. Degree in another field of study may be accepted with RVP approval.
Licensure/Certification: Current clinical license in state where currently practicing; other clinical license, certification or a combination of relevant education and meaningful experience may be accepted with RVP approval. All Clinical Liaisons must maintain current licensure while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.