Registered Nurse (RN) Intermediate Medical Care Unit
Registered Nurse (RN) Intermediate Medical Care Unit - Full Time Nights - 36 hours per week, 7p-7:30a, rotating weekends - $4k Sign-On Bonus*
Terre Haute Regional Hospital
is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America, we are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. THRH strives to find the perfect life/work balance for our employees.
Were more than a hospital, were a family!
- Awesome tuition reimbursement, offering competitive pay, educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring culture and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- Dedicated management staff to help provide continued professional growth
- Full ability to self-schedule
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- 24/7 Trauma/Surgical Services and Level II Trauma Center Designation
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 6th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade rankings
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
*Only nurses with 2 years of relevant RN experience qualify for the $4K bonus
**Current HCA Employees, do not qualify for bonus
We are looking for compassionate and skilled nursing professionals to join our Intermediate Medical Care/Step Down team! Our unit consists of 22-beds where we offer exceptional care for critically ill
patients including those who have had Open Heart surgery, Myocardial Infarction, Hypertensive/Hypotensive, Arrhythmia, Stroke Rule Out/Neuro Care and those who need Arterial Line Monitoring.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
Attend Code of Conduct training course annually
Demonstrate an understanding of and adherence to HCAs Code of Conduct
Demonstrates conduct that is reflective of THRHs commitment to HCAs Code of Conduct
Understands and satisfies the needs of the patient population appropriate to the age of the patient served (adults, geriatric, adolescent, pediatric, and parents of neonates)
- Must Adhere to the Standards of Behavior for Terre Haute Regional Hospital as per the Customer Relations Policy