RN MedSurg - Travel Nurse
- TNAA Healthcare
- Sarasota, Florida
- Jan 17, 2023
- Feb 02, 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We're looking for Medical Surgical RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Sarasota, FL. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a MedSurg RN, you will conduct patient assessments and prioritize data collection based on patients' immediate conditions or needs. MedSurg RNs perform ongoing assessments and appropriate treatments as ordered by a physician. Documenting patient findings and providing education and support to patients' families is essential to this travel nurse position.
As a Medical Surgical Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide bedside care for a variety of patients, including pre- and post-op patients.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Change dressings, insert catheters and start IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Participates in discharge planning and initiates patient education plan as prescribed by physician.
Must have 2 yrs exp & 2 prior travel contracts - non-negotiable. Must have experience in a similar size setting. 36 bed unit. Magnet Facility, NIH Stroke Certified Center, Trauma Level II Center BLS/ACLS required. Could float to other units as needed, travelers are first to float.