Certified Nursing Assistant at Miravida Living
- Contract Type
Miravida Living is hiring Certified Nursing Assistants to create exceptional and meaningful experiences for our elders! All shifts available!
The Certified Nursing Assistant provides for individualized direct resident care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Utilizes effective, efficient work habits as evidenced by:
- Adheres to established work schedule.
- Works steadily and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Completes assignments within appropriate time frames.
- Complies with the uniform code of Miravida Living.
- Attends mandatory in-service programs (a minimum of 12 hours per year) and meetings.
- Demonstrates emotional stability to perform duties under trying circumstances.
Utilizes effective verbal, nonverbal and written communications skills as evidenced by:
- Utilizes appropriate verbal and nonverbal modes of communication to provide a therapeutic environment for residents.
- Responds to psycho social needs of the residents.
- Reports pertinent physical conditions and behavioral observations to the unit nurse.
- Reports unfamiliar, inappropriate and unsafe work situations or resident care to the RN.
- Performs accurate and complete charting of observations made and resident care provided.
- Accepts constructive criticism and direction from the unit nurse.
- Collaborates harmoniously with co-workers.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel and training of students. Shares knowledge with others.
Provision of individualized resident care under the supervision of an RN as evidenced by:
- Follows the resident plan of care.
- Performs assigned treatments according to procedure.
- Provides privacy for all cares given.
- Demonstrates respect and concern for resident, family and significant others rights and references.
- Provides hygiene and physical comfort needs.
- Employs appropriate feeding techniques
- Assists with elimination needs.
- Utilizes safe, effective transfer and ambulation techniques.
- Promptly responds to all call lights, alarms, and emergency situations to meet resident needs.
- Maintains a safe, clean environment in a cost effective manner.
- Maintains dignity and respect in all interactions with resident, staff and others.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality relative to residents.
- Ability to perform medium duty work(lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally).
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of high school or HSED.
- Previous experience in geriatric, psychiatric or general nursing care preferred.
- Federally certified as a Nursing Assistant in the State of Wisconsin or graduate of a Nursing Assistant class who will take the Federal test within 120 days of class.
We offer a full line of comprehensive benefits depending on the status, including but not limited to: Health Insurance, Dental & Vision insurance, life, vacation, holidays, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.
Miravida Living is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to making all employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, marital status, disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.Company Description
For over 50 years, Miravida Living has served the needs of elders, provided peace of mind for their loved ones and offered meaningful, purposeful work for its employees. We have been known for our leadership in creating new approaches to care, and we are often first to introduce new options for apartment living, assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitative care, and dementia care.
In recent years, we have moved away from brick and mortar expansion plans. We are focused on our services and on providing our residents opportunities for extraordinary experiences. This fundamental shift has ignited creativity and inspired the launch of programs with an approach centered on our elders. Today, our work is about creating moments of connection and joy.
Our shift in thinking resulted in the need for a name change. We needed a name that captures the spirit of innovation, describes, without defining, life with us and inspires possibilities going forward.
Our search for just the right name led to the creation of a new word. Miravida emerged.' "Mira" is a Latin root word meaning curiosity and wonder. 'Vi' is Latin for life.
Miravida Living: A way of life emphasizing wonder and curiosity ... a way of living not defined by age or abilities but filled with possibilities and opportunities.
Bringing forward the best of who we have been and moving forward with a commitment to be even better ... we are Miravida Living