Per diem RN
Department/Unit:Medical/Surgical Hospitalist - E3
Work Shift:Staffing Options Program (United States of America)The clinical Nurse contributes to the creation of a compassionate and caring environment for patients, families and colleagues through displays of kindness and active listening. Recognizes and appreciates that each employee’s work is valuable and contributes to the success of the Mission.
- Implements physician orders, administers medications, starts IVs, performs treatments, procedures and special tests, and document treatment as required by company policy and local/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients' conditions.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered.
- Applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides primary and emergency care for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered.
- Collaborates with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for all patients.
Directs and guides ancillary personnel and maintain standards of professional nursing
Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical Center!?
Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Medical center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a “need to know” and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.