Certified Nursing Assistant at Elijah's Place
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS
- Part-Time NOC
The Resident Caregiver (Resident Associate) (RA) assists residents who may be cognitively, functionally, physically and/or
socially impaired and who may require 24-hour oversight. The role of the Caregiver is to assist residents with those activities of daily living that they may be temporarily or permanently unable to perform, fostering at all times resident independence, dignity and freedom of choice. It is the responsibility of the Caregiver to ensure that the care and services are provided in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy and mission of Miravida Living and in compliance with state laws and regulations.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides required/requested assistance with dressing/undressing (insuring clothes are clean and appropriate for the season); bathing; personal hygiene (shaving, oral care, nail care, hair care, foot care); mobility devices (cane, walker, wheelchair, crutches) including monitoring of safe transfer and ambulation techniques; care of ADL devices such as eyeglasses, hearing aids, contact lenses.
- Provides required/requested assistance with use of telephone, weekly housekeeping (vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning bathroom, dusting bed making and changing linens); laundry; escorting resident to/from meals, activities and coordinating other internal transportation needs.
- Provides assistance, as directed by the nurse on duty, with administration of medications, including monitoring of medication supplies and documentation, reporting of observed medication effectiveness and/or side effects to Health Services Coordinator or designee.
- Observes and reports changes in residents' physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to nurse on duty or designee; monitors for environment safety hazards; reports and records, as directed, resident, visitor and staff incidents, errors, or accidents.
- Assists in tasks as directed related to resident dining to include escorting residents to and from dining room, set up/bus tables, meal services and/or other special events.
- Participates in and supports the resident-centered social activity program.
- Responds to and acts as directed in emergency or disaster situations.
- Client Focus
- Ethical Conduct
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Stress Management/Composure
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and some mechanical equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of patient conditions and elements. The noise level is moderate to quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
No travel is expected for this position.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Must be able to think, act, and intervene independently both in routine and emergency situations. Be able to function as an "in-charge" person. The ability to relate to residents, guests and peers in a courteous and diplomatic manner under all circumstances, and attempting to accommodate residents requests is essential. The Resident Caregiver must be able to work with flexibility of scheduling and participate in holiday activities with residents and guests.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- CBRF Certifications (Med Administration, First Aid & Choking, Fire & Safety)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- CNA Certification preferred or one (1) year experience in a caregiver position preferred.
Miravida Living is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to making all employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, marital status, disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. "Employment decisions" covered under this policy include hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, compensation and training.
Any violation of this policy will not be tolerated and will result in appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including discharge. If an employee believes someone has violated this policy or otherwise has questions regarding this policy, the employee may bring the matter to the attention of the Human Resources Department. We will promptly investigate any complaint and take corrective measures, as appropriate.
Miravida Living also prohibits any form of discipline or retaliation for reporting violations of this policy, pursuing any such claim, or cooperating in the investigation of such claims. Any individual found to have engaged in retaliation in violation of this policy will be subject to discipline, up to and including discharge.Company Description
For over 50 years, Miravida Living has served the needs of elders, provided peace of mind for their loved ones and offered meaningful, purposeful work for its employees. We have been known for our leadership in creating new approaches to care, and we are often first to introduce new options for apartment living, assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitative care, and dementia care.
In recent years, we have moved away from brick and mortar expansion plans. We are focused on our services and on providing our residents opportunities for extraordinary experiences. This fundamental shift has ignited creativity and inspired the launch of programs with an approach centered on our elders. Today, our work is about creating moments of connection and joy.
Our shift in thinking resulted in the need for a name change. We needed a name that captures the spirit of innovation, describes, without defining, life with us and inspires possibilities going forward.
Our search for just the right name led to the creation of a new word. Miravida emerged.' "Mira" is a Latin root word meaning curiosity and wonder. 'Vi' is Latin for life.
Miravida Living: A way of life emphasizing wonder and curiosity ... a way of living not defined by age or abilities but filled with possibilities and opportunities.
Bringing forward the best of who we have been and moving forward with a commitment to be even better ... we are Miravida Living