Circulator Nurse PRN
West Valley Medical Center (WVMC) is a full service hospital available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week servicing Canyon County, Idaho and surrounding communities. WVMC consistently achieves top ratings and recognition for outstanding quality performance and excellent clinical outcomes. Our expertly trained staff and board certified physicians are focused on treating everyone like family. Some of our key services include: cardiology, emergency care, ear/nose/throat, general surgery, spine, orthopedics, pediatrics, behavioral health, radiology/imaging, urology, maternity, womens services. If you are looking for a small-town, friendly environment with a big-city commitment to high-quality patient care, this is the right hospital for you. You can apply your training and skills in a professional atmosphere where they will be valued. You will be part of a community hospital where your contributions are appreciated and your voice is heard - where work force diversity is encouraged and personal growth is supported
RN Operation Room: PRN- 1 shift per week can be scheduled for more.
Under the direction of the Unit Director and the Charge Nurse, provides high quality, cost-effective nursing care, meeting the medical, psycho/social, spiritual, emotional and educational needs of day surgery patients. Primarily responsible for preparing patient for surgical procedures and endoscopy procedures, and assisting during surgery. Performs related assessments, planning, procedures/treatments, evaluations and updates of patient plan of care that assures and maintains high quality care for all assigned patients. Provides nursing care consistent with established nursing policies, protocols, and professional standards, and acts as a patient/family advocate to assure appropriate provision of patient care and to protect patients' rights.The Operating Room RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient before, during and after a surgical procedure.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during procedures.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Coordinates the operating room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Ensures the proper handling of specimens.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.