As one of the nation's premier centers of excellence in patient care, medical education and biomedical research, NYU Langone Health (NYULH) provides a professional environment in which nurses can perform at their best and excel in their careers. Each and every day, is a new opportunity to learn, to grow, and to be a part of what makes us world-class.
NYULH nurses can choose from many clinical services and programs to begin or mature a professional career path that can span decades. The many opportunities that are available for nurses at all levels, from new Baccalaureate RN graduates to Advanced Practice Nurses, offer the ability to deliver world class nursing care in an intellectually-stimulating academic environment. Nurses at NYULH also demonstrate their professional practice through participation in the various councils that govern the practice of nursing, the quality of our care, and the discovery of new knowledge.
Registered Nurse MICU
Job ID: 1043993_RR00021874
NYU Langone Hospitals- Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The medical center is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Medical Center’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough.
In this role, the successful candidate The Registered Professional Staff Nurse (RN) assumes responsibility for nursing care and outcomes for a group of patients for a designated time frame, and provides care to these patients via the nursing process in collaboration with other members of the Health Team.
· Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care based on physical psychosocial educational safety and age-related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area.
· Provides patient/family education and assists in discharge planning utilizing resources and considering patient/family readiness barriers and alternatives.
· Establishes priorities for patient care delivery and uses critical thinking skills coordinates and completes patient care responsibilities independently or by appropriately delegating.
· Administers medication and parenteral therapy in accordance with policy and procedure including blood administration.
· Establishes effective caring relationships with staff patients families and other members of the health care team.
· Communicates and collaborates effectively with members of the health care team escalating situations appropriately.
· Promotes patient safety and quality including adherence to the National Patient Safety Goals
· Documents patient assessment reassessment progress toward goal achievement and all other required documentation accurately and timely.
· Demonstrates personal accountability for own professional practice and professional growth.
· Performs other duties as aligned with the mission and values of the organization.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospitals- Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospitals- Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.