Orderly, Surgical Services - PRN
Operating Room Orderly - PRN/Hours Vary
Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based medical center with comprehensive medical and surgical programs. Accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. We are dedicated to our Mission, Values and Vision and are committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. Terre Haute Regional Hospital looks forward to continuing to serve its friends and neighbors and growing with the community.
MISSION - Our promise is to provide the highest quality, compassionate care-every patient, every time.
VISION - To Be The Healthcare Provider of Choice For The Wabash Valley And The Customers We Serve.
VALUES - Integrity, Courage, Accountability, Respect, Exceed Expectations
Were more than a hospital, were a family!
- Awesome tuition reimbursement and educational resources, comprehensive benefits, caring and supportive team, plus outstanding leadership.
- First Wabash Valley Hospital to be designated as an Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Level II Trauma Center
- The Paul Seibenmorgen Cancer Center at Terre Haute Regional Hospital has received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approval with commendation.
- Regional Hospital recently earned a 4th-straight 'A' grade in Leapfrog Hospital Safety rankings
- Ability to follow and accept direction.
- Able to help lift and position patients.
- Effective communication skills with all co-workers, physicians, patients and their families, be mentally alert, dependable, and conscientious, tactful, flexible and cooperative
- Possess integrity, honesty, use good, safe judgment, be assertive and show initiative and compassion
- Ability to work and communicate with all patients, family members, physicians, and employee and follow directions of the circulating RN
- Maintain physical and mental health and have neat, well groomed appearance
- Have ability to function well in stressful situations
- Demonstrates commitment to patients and co-workers by maintaining: regular attendance and punctuality, safe environment, mandatory hospital and professional education, and have self motivation
- Report errors of self and staff, near misses with the intention to improve the environment and processes
- Effective Listening skills
- Demonstrates behaviors that are relative to the HCA Mission and Values Statement: “We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives
- Transports patients to and from the OR and Post Anesthesia Care Unit as assigned by the Charge Nurse.
- Assists in the cleaning of the operating room upon surgery completion.
- Stocks the warmers to see that they have the appropriate fluids and blankets as needed.
- Stocks scrub sinks with scrub brushes, masks, and solutions as needed.
- Moves anesthesia equipment to appropriate area for procedures; plugs in machines and suction
- Checks that all OR tables are in their lowest position and locked.
- Assures that the doctors dressing room is stocked with scrub clothes.
- Returns used mops to laundry daily.
- Assists Post Anesthesia Care Unit nurses with patient care and transportation of patients.
- Obtains and returns blood to the blood bank with appropriate return slip and assures blood refrigerator is empty.
- Checks all rooms to see that furniture and equipment are complete.
- Holds limbs for prepping as requested.
- Assists with cast applications and restocks plaster cart as needed
- Helps transfer patients on and off operating room table.
- Places instruments in autoclaves as needed and delivers to rooms after sterilization.
- Checks all gas tanks (large and small) restocks from engineering weekly.
- Procures heavy equipment from other departments for use in O.R.
- Assists with patients of all ages - infant, child, adult, and geriatric.
- Takes call as assigned
- Performs efficiently with Medtiech. Maintains ongoing training and proficiency with Meditech.