Registered Nurse (RN) Assessment and Response Care Facilitator-Nights Fulltime
HCA East Florida Division
With more than 18,000 of your neighbors, friends and colleagues, the East Florida Division of HCA is committed to building healthy communities in South Florida and the Treasure Coast. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we strive to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to furthering our mission. With 14 hospitals to choose from, your possibilities for achievement, variety, and career growth are endless. We invite you to learn more about who we are and how you can join our dynamic team!
HCA East Florida Division is part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethispheres Worlds Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including:
vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Summary of Core Job
: The ARC RN Care Facilitator, under the supervision of the Division Manager and Director of Assessment and Referral Center (ARC), provides nursing support to the ARC by reviewing the medical and behavioral health needs of patients who are presenting for services through the ARC Program, reviewing the medical appropriateness of patients referred for inpatient behavioral health services from internal and external customers, interacting with admitting providers to facilitate admission orders, and interfacing with third-party payers when appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
Essential Core Functions:
- Able to assess and reassess needs of patients through verbal discussions with referring staff and patients, as well as by evaluating medical/behavioral records.
- Reviews referrals for inpatient behavioral health treatment from internal and external customers for medical and behavioral appropriateness.
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient referral inquiry and admission process.
- Interacts with admitting behavioral health providers to provide information about referred patients and takes admitting orders by telephone as indicated.
- As needed, assists Transfer Center staff with aspects of patient transfers or admissions for behavioral health patients.
- As needed, interacts with third-party payers to coordinate admissions or transfers, and obtain transfer/transportation authorizations.