Registered Nurse (RN) Med Surg 4th Floor FT Nights 10K Sign On
At Frankfort Regional Medical Center, Frankfort, KY
we offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Frankfort Regional offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills.
All the technology and medical advancements wouldn't mean a thing without our highly skilled, dedicated and conscientious staff. For the tenth consecutive year in 2016, Frankfort Regional was chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky
. Frankfort Regional Medical Center a Magnet designated hospital is committed to recruiting professional, energetic and goal oriented individuals. Our hospital strives to make “
excellence” in healthcare our top priority.
The Medical Surgical RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.