RN-Quality Improvement Coordinator
Seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven history of leading quality improvement and transformational initiatives within complex medical groups to join the Franciscan Health Systems Quality Improvement team.
The incumbent will work with the quality team to assess, design, implement and manage critical projects and timelines for the consolidated quality department .
Weekends and holidays off.
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Participates in implementing and evaluating a comprehensive quality program that ensures patients receive evidence- based quality care for assigned hospital. Works collaboratively with RN-Quality Program Manager, hospital staff, teams and committees to ensure quality indicator compliance and the best possible patient outcomes are achieved. Employs principles of performance improvement, as outlined in the hospital-wide performance improvement plan, and conducts rounding in clinical departments as needed, which includes monitoring for quality indicator compliance, and ensuring internal processes are followed. Develops and delivers training to appropriate staff members to ensure compliance with identified quality indicators and priorities.
Incumbents are also accountable for keeping abreast of current trends impacting value-based purchasing/core measure/ evidence-based practice concepts/methodologies/tools to ensure that best practices are utilized in performance improvement efforts.
- Participates in a hospital-wide approach to designing, measuring, assessing and improving performance under the direction of the RN-Quality Program Manager.
- Participates in all aspects of quality improvement initiatives/projects, including defining/measuring the problem, and developing/controlling outcomes-based process improvement and implementation work plans.
- Provides ongoing consultation and education with respect to the application of continuous quality improvement principles/practices and identified quality indicators and priorities.
Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or other healthcare-related discipline, plus five years of related clinical core measures/quality/performance improvement work experience in a large acute care hospital that demonstrates the attainment of the requisite job knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Master’s degree in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.