Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) Orthopedic Surgical Days
Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the regions only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse, and Unit Director, this staff member will provide excellent quality care to patients in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of Las Palmas Medical Center and within the CNA scope of practice and as delineated within the duties.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assess primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Medical/surgical diagnosis including but not limited to: malignancies involving all body systems requiring medical/surgical, chemo/radiation therapies, orthopedic, neuro, GI, GU/GYN, renal metabolic, pulmonary systems, surgical patients, postpartum mothers, and those requiring isolation/precautions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of intermediate patient care, to include vital signs and cardiac monitoring.
- Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
- Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physician and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients rights to privacy and protection of patients confidentiality.
- Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and the Registered Nurse.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patients activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Other duties assigned.