Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Telemetry Nights
Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.POSITION SUMMARY:
To provide quality care to patients under the direction of an RN, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) : Cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro, GI conditions and diseases including but not limited to: CAD, PVD, COPD, CHF, CVA/TIA metabolic disorders.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for Telemetry patients
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral, neurological and physiological status and takes appropriate action including informing a Registered Nurse of any incongruencies
- Administers and monitors the effects of medications, treatments and procedures performed on the patient.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation and professional development
- Demonstrates knowledge of established policies and procedures which regulate the practice of nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the Quality Improvement activities of the department
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through the effective use of resources and personnel.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure