Critical Care Technician (CCT) - Nurse Float Pool - PRN
is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nations largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast regions residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the areas largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center
on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
The Critical Care Technician (CCT)/LNA provides direct, selected patient care and performs non clinical duties under the direction of the Licensed Nurse within their scope of practice as defined by the NH Board of Nursing, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies.
- Collects and reports data as directed by the licensed nurse.
- Provides ADL needs of the patient :
- Care and comfort measures
- Mobility and ambulation.
- Nutritional needs and feeding.
- Transports patients to various departments/services throughout the hospital.
- Provides patient monitoring as directed to ensure patient safety.
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Order entry.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Dysthrythmia interpretation.
- Obtains/maintains supplies and equipment.
- Performs general clerical duties including use of computer systems.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.