Nursing Student - 2W Post Surgical PRN
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. Celebrating over 40 years of providing quality healthcare to Charlotte County, our mission is to make each patient encounter an opportunity to heal, with care, and compassion and with dedication to excellence. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery program, sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs.
We are proud to be joined by over 350 of the areas most respected physicians. Fawcett has received the Americas Top 100 Hospital recognition by Healthgrades for 2015 which puts the facility in the top 2% in the nation for clinical excellence. What does all of this mean to you? It means that right here in Charlotte County, you have access to one of the best hospitals in the area.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The Student nurse performs unit support activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices endorses and provides customer service skills to patients visitors, physician and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patients rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- With the RN plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- With the RN evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Does not administer any medications