Patient Care Tech (PCT)
Patient Care Tech - PCT
Medical Surgical Unit - Med Surg
Full-time - FT PRN
Days 7A - 7P
Nights 7P - 7A
- Performs and documents vital signs at regular and indicated intervals. Reports significant changes and/or values that are outside of expected parameters to a licensed nurse.
- Measures and records intake and output. Notifies licensed nurse when values are unusually high or low, as appropriate for patient age.
- Assesses patient comfort/anxiety level, communicates needs to licensed nurse.
- Assists patient with activities of daily living: oral care, feeding, bathing, positioning and elimination.
- Assists in patient transfer to and from bed and transport devices using effective body mechanics and patient safety assistive devices.
- Provides support measures appropriately based on age and culture of the patient.
- Uses Meditech automation system or manual records to perform scheduling, order entry, care documentation, communications, and to keep abreast of departmental
- Assists with/performs independently other department functions:
- Unit Secretary
- Department Secretary
- Monitor Technician