Psychiatric Nurse (RN) Child and Adolescent
RN - Child & Adolescent - PRN
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology, and psychosocial systems.
- Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others.
- Displays understanding of family dynamics by responding appropriately to family members when needed.
- Participate in the initiation of master treatment plan along with other key program staff.
- Attend treatment planning meetings and conferences to participate in patients treatment process and progress.
- Participate in discharge planning and referrals.
- Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone, making sure to record correct messages and pass along to appropriate staff, including patient inquiries.
- Demonstrates professional skills and performs the tasks needed to maintain a therapeutic milieu and optimum patient care.