Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) PRN
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes.
More specifically, our Behavioral Health Unit offers hope, help, encouragement and support for individuals with emotional, behavioral and mental health needs,
including depression, chemical dependency such as drug or alcohol addiction, anxiety and many other issues. Individuals receive the best quality care through specialized services in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments. Also, our programs cover a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services for adolescents age 13 and up, adults, impaired professionals and some geriatric patients. See additional information about this unit our website http://lewisgale.com/service/mental-health.
Additional Information about our Behavioral Health Unit:
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity
- Patient turn over ranges from 3 - 7 days
- Provide the use of a gym, art room, and private consultation rooms for patient needs
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, maintaining a teamwork atmosphere, and delivering excellent patient care