Registered Nurse (RN) Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU)
West Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN) Intermediate Care Unit - Full-time
Work shift: Nights
West Houston Medical Center
has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally-recognized quality care.
Our hospital in Houston provides a wide range of services, several of which are nationally accredited or affiliated:
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Breast Center
- Cancer Treatment
- Cardiovascular Center
- Diabetes Management
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Senior Care
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Healing
West Houston Medical Center
is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) Intermediate Care Unit - Full-time.
The 14-bed, plus 2 semi-private ICU provides critical care services to adult and geriatric patient populations.
- Performs patient assessments in accordance with standards of care with documentation of these assessments as a basis for planning of each patients care.
- Formulates a plan of care for each patient based on nursing diagnoses/patient problems derived from patient assessments.
- Delegates nursing care activities to members of the nursing team based on patient care needs and competencies of available nursing staff as necessary.
- Communicates information appropriately with Medical Staff and other members of the health care team to promote continuity of care and attainment of patient expected outcomes.
- Adapts teaching to the age, developmental level, and cognition state of each patient to promote maximum understanding.
- Encourages patient or family to make decisions regarding their care where appropriate.
- Facilitates patient self-care when appropriate.
- Utilizes specialized equipment in the provision of patient care services safely and effectively.
- Bases professional actions on clinical judgment. Adapts patient care to individual patient needs and staff competencies.
- Communicates effectively with the Charge Nurse, Manager and Director to ensure that problems or opportunities to improve unit activities are addressed.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests as appropriate to position.
- Actively participates in department committees and group meetings with a focus on providing input to improve the quality of services.
- Consistently demonstrates behavior which reflects that working as a team is more important than self interest.
- Protects confidentiality of patients/co-workers, respecting their dignity, privacy, and differences.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- Adheres to the customer service principles of West Houston Medical Center