SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $10K: Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Telemetry Unit
SIGN ON BONUSES UP TO $10K OFFERED TO EXPERIENCED REGISTERED NURSES!!
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?
Hear what some of our employees have to say about why they love working here!
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
Cardiac Telemetry (Progressive Care Unit):
36 bed unit
Patient population ranges from acute renal failure, congestive heart failure, COPD exacerbation and other acute conditions.
Overflow for Oncology, Neuro, Med/Surg, Womens Health and others Units
The strong and committed leadership of the unit has developed a cohesive, friendly and supportive team that operates in a “Live Excellence Culture”
New Graduates Nurses are encouraged to join our team and become proficient in their skills
The RN will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- Communicate effectively and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff.
- Evaluate patients signs and symptoms; and record and report results.
- Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders.
- Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes.
- It is expected that the RN will attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.