Registered Nurse CVICU(Nights) - RN INTERN - CVICU (July 2018)
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
Registered Nurse - RN -CVICU
Medical City of Fort Worth
Work Schedule: Full-Time(Nights)7p-7a Rotating Weekends
About Medical City of Fort Worth
Medical City of Ft. Worth is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Accredited AMI Program
- Accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
- Magnet Re-designation December 2015
Why CVICU at Medical City?
The cardiac team at Medical City of Ft. Worth is committed to providing advanced, comprehensive heart and vascular care to our patients, their families, and the community. Medical City has been recognized as a leading center for cardiac care in the Dallas - Fort Worth area and provides some of the fastest heart attack treatment times in Tarrant County. The team at Plaza Medical Center can remove a heart patients blockage in about half the time of the average U.S. hospital - 45 minutes from the time a heart patient arrives at our door to the time he or she is diagnosed, treated with angioplasty or another cardiac procedure, and stabilized.
The CVICU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.