Coordinator Neuroscience Program - RN - FT Weekdays
- Under the supervision of the Director of Quality, the Neuroscience Program/Stroke Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of all systems related to acute stroke care delivery in the hospital Monitors quality of care issues, cost of care and pathways for stroke care management including patient education
- Acts as a clinical liaison between physicians, nursing staff and administrative staff
- Responsible for planning, organizing, delegating, directing, negotiating and evaluating services delivered by neuro services departments and personnel based on the hospital mission, vision and goals
- Collaborates and coordinates with other department management personnel, for the functions and activities of nursing care performed in the neuroscience department in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies Maintains knowledge of group dynamics, strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Develops and recommend policies, procedures or programs to improve or enhance the quality and efficiency and/or effectiveness of patient care within the specialty area in collaboration with medical staff and other disciplines in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization
- Maintains working knowledge of social, economic, legal and regulatory issues which impact the health care delivery system
- Employee will recognize the population specific needs of the Neuroscience and Stroke patient and apply the appropriate knowledge, skills and behaviors to meet those needs when performing patient care activities.