Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Psychiatric Thought Disorder Unit)
Come and join our
2018 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
Why our Employees Like Working at Chippenham Hospital
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility,
is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
The Joint Commission
awarded Chippenham Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a Level II Trauma Center
which means we provide fast, skilled care in lifes most difficult moments.
, founded in 1912, has grown into a 137-bed psychiatric hospital
with a full range of behavioral health services for seniors, adults, adolescents and children. Known to many in Central Virginia simply as “Tucker,” we have maintained our reputation for excellence in behavioral health for more than a century. We are dedicated to providing treatment, which promotes emotional and behavioral wellness. Individuals receive the best quality care through specialized services in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients. Additionally, we offer an outpatient, short-term partial hospitalization program (PHP) for both adults and adolescents.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Psychiatric Thought Disorder Unit- 2 East)
(12 weeks total):
- The StaRN Program is primarily designed to provide the graduate nurse with the tools necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment.
- It will help the graduate nurse transition out of the classroom setting onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 6 weeks preceptorship in the Psychiatric Thought Disorder Unit
- Certification achieved:
ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
Trauma Informed Care and HCA Corporation Behavioral Health Core Curriculum
After StaRN, the graduate nurse will transition to our Professional Development Residency
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Psychiatric Thought Disorder Unit
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
Additional Information about Tucker Pavilion:
Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginias Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings - yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotations
Additional Information about Our Psychiatric Thought Disorder Unit:
- 26 bed acute inpatient unit
- Patient population: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder with psychotic features
- Team nursing approach
- Good work-life balance
- Unit practice is “high touch” and “high tech” and multitasking with the ability to perform well under pressure
"I left one of our competitors after 15 years because of the opportunities to grow and develop at HCA. I have been with HCA 5 years and have grown from a staff nurse to charge nurse to clinical coordinator, to manager, and now interim director.”
Check us out and like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cjwmedicalcenter/
Cohort Start Dates:
*Apply Today! Limited slots available.*