Pediatric ICU Nurse - Full Time
SUNRISE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise
Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare
in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides
sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been
selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had
earned the American Stroke Associations Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold
Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing
Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
REGISTERED NURSE CRITICAL CARE/IMC - PEDIATRIC ICU - FULL TIME NIGHTS
The Pediatric ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill pediatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Cares for infants and children with critical, chronic and multi-system illnesses and injuries.
- Provides professional nursing service based on the basic concepts of growth and development of infants and children.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Calculates dosages for and understands the nursing implications of medications used for infants and children.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of pain and pain management in the pediatric population and provides care accordingly.
- Provides family-centered care based on cognitive, psychosocial and developmental considerations for the age of the patient collaborating with families and members of the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Cares for patients at risk for abduction following established prevention procedures.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.