Registered Nurse (RN) Labor & Delivery / PRN
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
Del Sol Labor and Delivery is a 19 bed unit with 11 Labor rooms, 2 Antepartum rooms, 3 OR suites and a 6 bed recovery/triage unit. We average 250 births per month and currently work with 3 MFM's. We provide care during the Ante, Intra, and immediate Post-partum periods, and serve the high risk population. We have a Level 3 NICU with In-house providers 24 hours a day.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.POPULATION SERVED:
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population served: The obstetric ante, intra and postpartum patient including but not limited to vaginal and cesarean section deliveries. Population will also include the neonate. GYN patients will also be included in the population served on L&D.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in department based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Other duties as assigned.