Surgical Technologist PRN
Surgical Technologist - PRN (As Needed)
Location: Medical City Frisco
Medical City Frisco, a campus of Medical City Plano, is a world-class, 54-bed acute care hospital that offers a range of services including adult and pediatric surgery, orthopedics, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, imaging and emergency services. Medical City Frisco is a “green” facility, silver LEED certified for environmental and energy efficiency.
Surgical Technologist Job Summary: Provides direct and indirect nursing services to the surgical patient under the supervision of the professional nurse, and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of the Surgical Services Unit according to the standards and policies of Operating Room care.
Surgical Technologist Job Competencies:
Competencies associated with each position are a combination of hospital-wide
and department specific standards. Competencies are evaluated initially during each employees Introductory Period using the Competency Validation Checklist. Thereafter, competencies are assessed on an on-going basis an formally documented using the Annual Performance Evaluation Form.
Surgical Technologist Job Responsibilities:
- Performs necessary technical skills in a scrub role requiring aseptic technique as delineated through standards of Operating Room care.
- Documents accurately on all records, as indicated by policy.
- Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
- Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures
- Ensures surgical equipment is functioning properly and safely
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team based on knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how they relate to the surgical patient and the procedure being performed