Clinical Nurse Specialist
I trust my instincts
I know that a feeling is sometimes more than just a feeling. Know when to offer encouragement. And believe every interaction has the power to be extraordinary. At Kaiser Permanente, I put these beliefs into practice. We are a team of health advocates. Not just helping those who need help, but caring for our patients proactively. I focus my knowledge and attention on guiding my patients toward better health and well-being—a mission I share with Kaiser Permanente. If you’re ready to practice health care the way you’ve always intended, this is the place to put your beliefs into practice. Join us in San Francisco, California.
Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – job #640670
- Critical Care – job #644197
In this role, you will provide in-depth clinical expertise in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or the Critical Care department. You will develop and ensure quality standards for the nursing practice and for a specific patient population. In addition, you will provide advanced clinical practice education, consultation, research, and administration.
- At least three years of experience in the NICU or critical care
- Previous clinical nurse specialist experience preferred
- Five years of experience in critical care preferred
- A bachelor’s degree; a clinical master’s degree in nursing or a clinical field related to nursing including but not limited to psychology, public health, social work, education, health sciences, behavioral sciences, nutrition, and bioethics from a nationally accredited master’s/post master’s nursing academic program
- A graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- A current California RN license
- Clinical Nurse Specialist certification by the California Board of Registered Nursing in area of specialty
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS or PALS certification preferred
- A National Provider Identifier (NPI) or the ability to obtain one prior to employment start date
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in area of specialty
- The ability to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing the above job numbers.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers