|Satellite Healthcare is a successful, nonprofit organization that has improved the lives of people living with kidney disease since 1973. We earn our national reputation for excellent patient care each day by offering a complete range of dialysis therapy
choices, personalized clinical services, and unparalleled wellness .
Satellite Healthcare provides expert, personalized kidney care at over 90 centers across the U.S. as well as at acute dialysis locations in California and Texas. Learn more about Satellite Healthcare at
The Clinical Improvement Manager (CIM) team functions as Quality Assurance and Improvement (QAI) support to all Satellite Healthcare’s (SHC) In-center, Nocturnal and WellBound Home programs. This role is an expert resource and partner providing ongoing
quality improvement (QI) collaboration with centers to optimize patient health and safety outcomes, provide quality assessment and performance improvement (QAPI) process training and education, and ongoing support aligned with SHC’s quality strategy, initiatives
The CIM works collaboratively with the Territory Directors, Home Directors and center teams as the expert in quality improvement to assist, coach and facilitate as needed the implementation process of corporate initiatives, development and implementation
of quality improvement plans.
The CIM organizes center outreach activities as identified and prioritized by SHC data trends, company quality strategy and quality triggers identified through SHC Integrated Quality Model (IQM).
The CIM participates in center and Territory quality meetings, develops content and presents quality improvement training, and new employee orientation and other venues of QI training opportunities as needed. The CIM provides in-servicing, monitoring and
education of all other clinical staff to support improvement aligned with company quality strategies, QAPI process and quality initiatives and priorities. The CIM is also responsible for communicating and sharing quality improvement best practices in order
to meet organizational goals, as well as identify gaps in process, systems and or policies to support enterprise wide enhancements and improvements.
- Make recommendations when new knowledge indicates a need for new or revised policies & procedures (P&P)
- Collaboratively support and participate in identifying, developing, piloting, and implementing training for Medical Clinical Affairs initiatives
- Review quality measures monthly/quarterly for assigned territory; provide recommendations and support to Territory/Home Director, Medical Director and Center Management that will support sustained quality improvement outcomes
- Support Continuous Quality Improvement activity and plans by attending QAPI meetings or reviewing meeting minutes
- Assist in identifying and developing new processes/systems to support clinical improvement and patient safety workflow
- Identify and share best practices among centers in a timely manner; provide direction to center team members in utilization of resources to identify and resolve quality improvement challenges
- Track and utilize tools to assist in root cause analysis (RCA) as identified in QAPI project implementation
- Identify and provide timely communication of improvement opportunities and plans from center outreach support visits to Territory/Home Directors, Medical Directors and Center Manager; provide written summary of outreach improvement opportunities and plans
- Provide auditing and guidance to employees regarding infection control policies and procedures, in collaboration and communication with Safety and Infection Control management
- Review of electronic health records (EHR) to ensure accurate and complete data entry of patient clinical plans and infection control data
- Review deficient findings with Center management and Territory/Home Director and offer recommendations
- Responsible for driving the Satellite Healthcare culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
The essential functions listed are not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. All employees must work in accordance with Satellite’s I-CARE Standards. Employees must abide
by all Satellite’s standards of patient care, patient’s rights and ethical treatment, and adhere to safety and quality programs.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Registered Nurse license; BSN preferred or Registered Dietitian
- Three (3) years nephrology nursing dialysis experience required; a combination of in-center and acute experience preferred
- Peritoneal (PD) and Home Hemodialysis (HHD) experience strongly preferred
- Current CPR/AED certification
- CNN/CDN preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in corporate quality improvement methodology and techniques
- Flexibility in scheduling and ability to frequently travel
- Ability to prioritize and adapt based on changing priorities
- Ability to proactively identify and analyze issues in the workplace and identify and implement solutions collaboratively
- In-depth understanding of QAPI process, SHC quality program initiatives and strategies, P&Ps and familiar with CMS quality regulatory requirements.
- Solid reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to attend corporate and center meetings
- Strong communication skills; ability to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email