RN - PACU Bremerton - Part Time Evenings
This position is responsible for providing Perioperative nursing care of all patient populations undergoing surgical procedures, to include ambulatory, acute and chronic patient care. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the direct and indirect implementation of the patient’s plan of care in the PACU.
• Identifies the post-surgery patient at risk for complications and provides appropriate interventions.
• Performs a systematic and thorough physical assessment based upon knowledge of the post-surgery physiology.
• Manages patients with invasive lines and equipment (i.e., arterial lines, Swan Ganz lines and chest tubes).
• Assesses patient to include physical, psychosocial, cultural, behavioral/emotional, developmental and spiritual needs. Gathers data relevant for patient care. Implements appropriate patient interventions and evaluates outcomes. Plans care appropriately based on needs identified during initial and on-going assessments. Provides holistic, comprehensive, and professional nursing care to patient within the scope of practice. Implements appropriate patient interventions and evaluates outcomes.
• Cultural Sensitivity and Competence: Demonstrates proper use of available communication tools/materials for effective communication and understands how the culture(s) of patient populations can affect communication, collaboration and the provision of care, treatment and services. Patient Populations Served: Demonstrates knowledge and proper skills associated with the department’s defined specific populations served.
• Demonstrates competent professional practice and engages in opportunities for professional growth. Demonstrates accountability to meet stated deadlines for all mandatory requirements.
• Documents care delivered and patient status utilizing the nursing process in accordance with FHS standards of care, for example, changes in patient condition, patient responses to intervention and reassessments of pertinent findings. Receives and assures appropriateness, accuracy, timeliness and execution of physician orders.
• Prepares patient for examination/procedure.
• Routinely explains delays.
•Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
•Minimum of 2 years current experience in an acute, inpatient PACU setting within the last 3 years
•Experience with airway emergencies, (i.e. laryngospasms, airway obstruction, stridor and arrest).
•Current licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
•Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
•Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
•Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within six months of date of hire
•Certified Perianesthesia Nurse (CPAN) or Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) preferred.