RN--Quality Program Manager
Seeking a highly motivated individual with a proven history of leading
quality improvement and transformational initiatives within complex
medical groups to join the Franciscan Health Systems Quality Improvement
The incumbent will work with the quality team to assess, design,
implement and manage critical projects and timelines for the
consolidated quality department
Weekends and holidays off
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
The incumbent is responsible for facility-specific planning, implementing and evaluating evidence-based quality-focused plans and programs in accordance with professional standards, organization objectives and regulatory/accreditation standards. Work focuses on all aspects of quality process improvement, participating in multidisciplinary teams, working with physicians, clinical management and other healthcare staff in the development, enhancement, implementation and evaluation of quality initiatives, plans and programs. Introduces and adapts effective methodologies to produce desired results and ensures that data management, quality-related reporting and performance improvement activities are conducted in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner. Provides direction for RN-Quality Improvement assigned to facility.
- Manages and evaluates the services of the assigned facility or programs to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner, and in accordance with organizational values, professional standards, internal policies and procedures and applicable legal/regulatory requirements.
- Serves on teams engaged in the development and updating of policies, procedures, workflows, tools and action plans. Recommends, implements and evaluates standards, policies, procedures, guidelines, training materials and general communications in support of assigned facility to ensure consistency with the values of the organization and compliance with applicable regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Monitors and assesses current processes to identify opportunities and provide recommendations for performance and process improvement initiatives. Implements approved changes, and ensures that staff receive the necessary training and consultation to enhance their understanding of quality and performance improvement initiatives.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of current quality process improvement strategies, initiatives and programs in meeting business needs and regulatory requirements. Ensures that data management and performance improvement activities are conducted in the most accurate, valid, reliable, timely and thorough manner. Reviews baseline, incoming and outgoing data to ensure consistency with internal standards for integrity and that issues are addressed fully and precisely
- Develops, organizes and implements quality programs to facilitate achievement of established organizational goals. Develops and executes methodologies for measuring impact, return on investment and effectiveness in meeting overall objectives, and achieving expected results.
- Supports compliance with applicable legal, regulatory or payment agreements, standards and requirements. Serves as the primary quality contact for the facility for regulatory or validation site-visits (i.e. TJC).
- Provides professional expertise and manages performance improvement teams convened to address and develop solutions to clinical or operational challenges and objectives. Collaborates with team members to identify issues and the requirements for ongoing team support. Coordinates the production and analysis of data. Monitors ongoing progress on key objectives, and ensures that goals are accomplished and adequate resources are available to support the team. Serves as a facilitator or team leader as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, nursing or other healthcare-related field, and five years of progressively responsible related work experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge.
- A minimum of three years in a lead or management role is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in a healthcare discipline and a valid Washington state RN license is strongly preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Washington State Board of Nursing.
- Certification as a Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) is strongly preferred.