RN - PACU
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient’s individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated PACU Registered Nurse. Our PACU nurses handle a broad range of patients; from children to geriatrics. Monitor patient vital signs, adapting readily to changing patient conditions, administer medications and treatments to the post-surgical patient and assure patient safety throughout the PACU experience.
PACU nurses work in preop, Phase1 and Phase 2 recovery and manage the care of not only surgical patients but pre and post IR and Cath Lab patients until they are discharged to outpatient or transferred to the floor for their patient stay. Applicants must be team players and effective communicators focused on providing excellent service to our patients, families, physicians and team members.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Possession of a BSN degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years current experience in an acute, inpatient PACU setting within the last 3 years strongly preferred OR Graduate of ICU residency with a minimum of six months ICU experience.
- Experience with airway emergencies, (i.e. laryngospasms, airway obstruction, stridor and arrest).
- Current Healthcare BLS Certification.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification within six months of date of hire.
- Certified Perianesthesia Nurse (CPAN) or Certified Ambulatory Peranesthesia Nurse (CAPA) preferred.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.