RN- (Registered Nurse) Emergency department Part-time Evenings St. Joseph Medical Center
The 361-bed regional medical center is a level II trauma center with a robust cardiac surgery program that has recently received Three Star Awards for our thoracic and cardiac programs. Our Emergency Department has 33 beds and we see and average of 140 patients per day. We are most proud of our teamwork and the quality of care we deliver to our patients.
Our Emergency Services Department Leadership team is comprised of a Director, two RN Clinical Managers and an RN Educator. Combined, these leaders have over 35 years of nursing and leadership experience and they truly enjoy mentoring and developing staff members.
What We Have To Offer To You:
• The opportunity to work as a member of a great team that treats a variety of patients, including trauma center, stroke center and cardiac center patients.
• Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
• Collaborative scheduling
• 8, 10 and 12-hour shift options
• No on-call time required
• Financial support for specialty certifications
• Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
• Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
• Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
This position is responsible for providing care for the emergency patients presenting with a wide variety of medical conditions across all populations.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred
• One year of related work experience is preferred
• Current State Licensure as a Registered Nurse is required
• Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
• Completion of Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) within 12 months of hire.
• National Institutes of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS) certification within 6 months of hire.
• Emergency Nurse Pediatric Certification (ENPC) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within 12 months of hire.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Certified Emergency Nurse certification are preferred.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.