Pharmacist - PRN (ASHP Sterile Product Certification required)
|As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for Pharmacists
General Summary: The Pharmacist accurately reviews and interprets medication orders; prepares accurate and complete patient profiles; reviews profiles for correct drug, dosage and route of administration; ensures that no adverse drug duplication or drug-drug interaction exists; ensures that patient allergies are reviewed with respect to any medications prescribed. The pharmacist must efficiently perform other professional duties including, but not limited to, safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution and control of all drugs. The Pharmacist notifies the appropriate medical/nursing staff whenever drug therapy is questionable. The Pharmacist is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the Pharmacist competency checklist.
2. Interprets, clarifies and transcribes all medication orders accurately and timely. Monitors medication orders and reviews patient profile to ensure appropriate drug selection and dosage (no drug duplication, interactions or allergies). Prepares and labels all drugs accurately and timely.
3. Provides accurate, adequate and timely drug information to the professional staff and to patients and their families.
4. Supports the formulary development process by consulting with medical staff and promoting rational drug therapy selection
5. Follows established procedures for drug procurement, storage and distribution, including maintenance of controlled substance records as required by appropriate legislative/regulatory authorities.
Experience: Three years experience in hospital pharmacy preferred
Education: Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy or equivalent
Licensure/Certification: Current Pharmacist license in state where currently practicing