Registered Nurse (RN) / Hematology / Oncology / Part Time / Days
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nations largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast regions residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the areas largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate staff who strive to make a positive impact on the health of their community to join the Portsmouth Regional Family.
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN demonstrates independence in planning, organizing, administering, and evaluating patient care in accordance with the NH Nurse Practice Act, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide patient and family education and discharge planning.
2. Recognize and respond to changes in a patients condition.
3. Provide assessment and care of the hematology, oncology, and other outpatient procedural patients.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of normal anatomy and physiology adult patients.
5. Provide safe medication administration including the use of venous access devises.
6. Demonstrates proficiency in IV insertion.
7. Assist physicians with bone marrow biopsys and other outpatient procedures.
8. Utilizes all computer systems required for job function.