Registered Nurse - RN - First Assistant - Surgical Services - PRN
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Registered Nurse? Become part of an awarding team of Registered Nurses here in the Surgical Services department at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota is currently seeking a First Assistant Registered Nurse for Surgical Services department. We have a dynamic team of Registered Nurses on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of Registered Nurses take pride in nursing. Did you know that Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota has been named in Modern Healthcare as a Top 100 Places to Work? Become part of our team of Registered Nurses today.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nations leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Beckers Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinicals”.
Within the Surgery Department
at DHoS, we provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. We pride ourselves on both our professionalism and compassion.
- 7 Main Operating Rooms plus 4 Endoscopy rooms, 10 PACU beds, and 30 Pre-Op beds (6 beds in Pre-Op Hold)
- Department hours: 0600-2230 on call hours beyond that timeframe
- Type of Cases: Robotic GYN, Robotic Urology, Robotic General Surgery, Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, Mazor Robotic Spine, General, GU, GYN, Thoracic, Vascular, Plastics, and Laparoscopic Services
- Approximate Number of Cases Performed: Varies, average 4000 OR patients per year, 1200 GI Endoscopy procedures per year
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurses and Surgical Technologists (Certified and Non-certified)
- Major Equipment Used: Steris OR tables, sterilizers, Valley Lab cautery units, headlights, Storz and Stryker video systems, Zeiss microscopes, specialized tables (Cysto, Jackson ), Olympus GI endoscopes, Harmonic Scalpel, Gyrus Generator, and Ligasure units, etc.
- Da Vinci® SI Surgical System utilized for general surgery, urology, gynecology, and oncology cases.
- Special Certifications Needed: CNOR preferred for RNs, CST preferred for Surg Techs; BCLS for OR & Same Day Surgery RNs; ACLS certification required for all PACU and Endoscopy RNs
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Prefer a minimum of one year of hospital ORexperience (including experience with total joints, spinal, minimally invasive surgery, and major vascular cases. Experience with robotic surgeries is desired.)
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts, Monday-Friday, with on-call requirements
- On-call requirements: In order to meet on-call requirements associated with this position, employees must be able to report to the hospital within 30 minutes of being contacted.
- Dress code: scrubs - provided by hospital
At HCA North, West, Central Floridas and Georgias 33 hospitals were not just caregivers, were devoted to caring. Located on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, were on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nations largest healthcare system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology, enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale resort-like community.
Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. To learn more and to apply, go to www.doctorsofsarasota.com.