Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
Centennial Medical Center
is currently looking for a Patient Transporter (Full-Time, No Weekends)
: Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
The patient transporter assists the smooth running of the Medical Center by efficiently responding to requests for patient movement from one department to another. The transporter participates in direct patient care by communicating with the patient and family the need for the transport, moving the patient to the required mode of travel and appropriately transitioning care equipment (IV poles, Oxygen lines, cardiac monitoring) from stationary to mobile for the move.
General Essential Functions
- Appropriately identifies the patient using two patient identifiers
- Transports patients to/from department/units.
- Discharges patients to appropriate parking facilities
- Transfers patients to and from bed, stretcher, or wheelchair with or without assistance from clinical staff based upon patient needs
- Responsible for department upkeep and cleanliness of stretchers, wheelchairs, oxygen cylinders, and ancillary equipment.
- Appropriately uses the Teletracking system to track and confirm patient movements and employee productivity
- Retrieves and stores transport equipment.
- Presents a pleasant, professional and tidy image to all customers of our facility
- Attends modality and department meetings regularly.
- Maintains all current certifications required for position.
- Promotes customer service initiative by adhering to the ICARE values
- Compliance with quarterly targeted metrics (i.e. Kronos, HealthStream, PACS, etc)
- Any other duties that may be assigned.