Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Patient Transporter? Become part of an awarding team of Patient Transporters here in the Patient Transportation Department at South Bay Hospital. Our team of Patient Transporters take pride in providing patient care. Become a part of our team of Patient Transporters today.
Help deliver superior service to the patients at South Bay Hospital, part of the HCA West Florida hospital system. Our team strives to provide effective and efficient care in our newly renovated 138-bed hospital. Our new ICU/PCU patient tower, enhanced lobby, Café at the Bay with outdoor seating, Chapel and Gift Shop opened recently with all new amenities for patients, our employee team and visitors. We are proud to hold disease specific certification by The Joint Commission in Stroke, Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Heart Failure, and Sepsis. With new communities breaking ground each year, this is an ideal location to experience our commitment to your career and our community. We support our talented staff with advanced technologies throughout our hospital and Centers of Excellence including:
- Recognized by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center, as a Top Performer On Key Quality Measures® Five Years In A Row and as One Of 480 Pioneers In Quality™ For 2017
- ACR® Accreditation In CT, Nuclear Medicine, Mammography, MRI And Ultrasound
- Healthgrades® Five Star Recipient For Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Hip Fracture Treatment And Pacemaker Procedures
- Ethisphere® lnstitute's World's Most Ethical Companies - HCA Healthcare
- State of the Art Emergency Department treating more than 27,000 emergencies annually
- New 26-bed ICU/PCU Critical Care Tower
- Heart and Vascular Center Diagnostic Cath Lab
- Center for Joint and Spine
- Center for Breast Health featuring 3D Mammography, Stereotactic Biopsy, Ultrasound, and Dexa Diagnostic Services
- Surgical Specialties including General, Breast, Vascular, Orthopedics, Urology and Gastroenterology
The Transporter is responsible for greeting and transporting patients to and from all major ancillary departments using proper safety techniques and mode of transportation. On occasion, assists other hospital personnel in moving deceased patients to the morgue. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas as requested.
- Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Greet and offer assistance to customers throughout the hospital.
- Collect and deliver specimens, orders, requisitions and equipment to appropriate destinations.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of related experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- enrolled in healthcare courses preferred
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association is required.
At HCA West Floridas 16 hospitals were not just caregivers, were devoted to caring. Located throughout Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota area, were on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nations largest healthcare system with more than 15,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow.