Assistant Director-Nursing (RN)
Assistant Director-Nursing (RN)
Behavioral Health Crisis Stabilization
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 100 programs and over 3,400 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
The CSTU will be a 24 hour, 7 days per week, 10-bed voluntary program for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis and who need immediate treatment and support. The CSTU will help people find relief from distress, maintain stability, avoid inpatient hospitalization wherever possible, and transition back to their lives with follow-up treatment, resources and community support in place. The program will provide recovery-focused services.Telecare programs transform lives, generate measurable outcomes, and reduce financial costs. Services are designed to respond to local needs and function as a strategic, accountable, and experienced partner within systems of care. CSTU residents are ages 18+ and on average stay up to 14 days. This role will also support the E&T that is in the same facility, in conjunction with the DON.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: PM, 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Under the guidance of the Director of Nursing (DON), the ADON is responsible for activities and functions related to the administration of members served care systems and members served care in nursing areas and departments.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have at least four (4) years of experience - two (2) years in psychiatric nursing and two (2) years in a supervisory capacity; OR a baccalaureate degree in nursing or a related field and two (2) years of experience in psychiatric nursing, including one (1) year in a supervisory capacity
• Current valid licensure as an RN in the state of Washington.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• MSN degree and administrative experience in long-term care preferred
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Assists in planning, organizing, directing and controlling nursing services
• Collaborates with DON in developing departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies, and procedures; organizes the department to meet legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines; and functions in an advisory capacity to the administrator in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to care of members served
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains professional and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments
• Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility
• Works within established staffing requirements and recommends to DON the numbers and classifications of personnel to be employed
• Participates in the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Nursing Department.
• Partners with DON to implement the safety program and actively participates in reducing workers' compensation claims
• Adheres to standards for procurement of supplies and equipment for the department
• Assists in managing the Nursing Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Ensures that the nursing department is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements
• Oversees and ensures medication management and infection control standards
• Collaborates with the leadership team and all departments on quality initiatives. Coordinates nursing services with other clinical and ancillary services. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes cost-effective use of personnel, supplies, and equipment
• Participates and encourages participation from staff in activities, including professional and trade organizations, that promote mental health services
• Promotes a "no force first" culture
• Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
• Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Nursing Department and ensures sound practice
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Nursing Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high-quality care
• Is an active participant of all committees involving members served safety and nursing policies, practices and procedures
• Assumes responsibility for her/his professional growth and the ongoing professional development of the nursing staff
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at Outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Excellent communication
• Attention to detail
• Use critical thinking to aid decision-making
• Flexibility and ability to adapt
• Commitment to development
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
Apply now at http://apptrkr.com/1166642
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability